The Downey Fly Fishers is a club consisting of men, women and children who share a common interest, the enjoyment of fly fishing.
The Downey Fly Fishers meets at the Barbara J Riley Community Center (at Apollo Park) in Downey, California (Los Angeles) on the 2nd Tues of every month at 6:00pm. Visitors and new members are always welcome to attend. Click here for directions
“Equilibrium the Last Frontier”
Bristol Bay has the largest salmon run on earth, and has a population of rainbow trout that benefit from this huge influx of salmon. Dr. Gary Borger, Gary Loomis and others are enveloped into Alaska’s beauty and tackle some of the world’s most coveted gamefish.
Click here to view full details
- To promote, improve and enjoy all phases of fly fishing.
- To maintain a high standard of true sportsmanship and promote social relations among its' members.
- We, individually, endeavor to take at least one youth (beginner/no age restriction) fly fishing annually; instruct them, to the best of our ability, in the art and responsibilities that are soon to be wholly theirs.
- To fraternize and cooperate with organizations whose aims and purposes preserve our waters and to promote the sport.
- To provide instruction and information in fly casting, flytying, rod building and entomology. These classes and/or clinics will be open to the public with no fee