The Downey Fly Fishers is a club consisting of men, women and children who share a common interest, the enjoyment of fly fishing.
The Downey Fly Fishers meets at the Barbara J Riley Community Center (at Apollo Park) in Downey, California (Los Angeles) on the 2nd Tues of every month at 6:00pm. Visitors and new members are always welcome to attend. Click here for directions
Thanks for the Memories …
Thank You all for a GREAT 2013. We were able to accomplish a lot of things this year! By becoming a Charter Member of the IFFF we were able to keep our Club cost down and help the SWCFFF. We had a successful Beginning Fly Tying Class. John and Frank and all the volunteers did a GREAT job!
Click here to view full details
- To promote, improve and enjoy all phases of fly fishing.
- To maintain a high standard of true sportsmanship and promote social relations among its' members.
- We, individually, endeavor to take at least one youth (beginner/no age restriction) fly fishing annually; instruct them, to the best of our ability, in the art and responsibilities that are soon to be wholly theirs.
- To fraternize and cooperate with organizations whose aims and purposes preserve our waters and to promote the sport.
- To provide instruction and information in fly casting, flytying, rod building and entomology. These classes and/or clinics will be open to the public with no fee