The Downey Fly Fishers is a club consisting of men, women and children who share a common interest, the enjoyment of fly fishing.
The Downey Fly Fishers meets at the Barbara J Riley Community Center (at Apollo Park) in Downey, California (Los Angeles) on the 2nd Tues of every month at 6:00pm. Visitors and new members are always welcome to attend. Click here for directions
DFF Welcomes Peter Koga and John Williams
Argentina is the eighth largest country in the world with a population of 43 million people. Spanish is Argentina’s official language and its capital, Buenos Aires is located approximately 6,000 miles from Los Angeles. Lago Strobel (a.k.a. Jurassic Lake) is located in southern Argentina in the Santa Cruz province. Our speakers for our Oct. 11th meeting are Peter Koga and John Williams. They have both given excellent programs to our club in the past. Click here to view full details
- To promote, improve and enjoy all phases of fly fishing.
- To maintain a high standard of true sportsmanship and promote social relations among its' members.
- We, individually, endeavor to take at least one youth (beginner/no age restriction) fly fishing annually; instruct them, to the best of our ability, in the art and responsibilities that are soon to be wholly theirs.
- To fraternize and cooperate with organizations whose aims and purposes preserve our waters and to promote the sport.
- To provide instruction and information in fly casting, flytying, rod building and entomology. These classes and/or clinics will be open to the public with no fee