The Downey Fly Fishers is a club consisting of men, women and children who share a common interest, the enjoyment of fly fishing.
The Downey Fly Fishers meets at the Barbara J Riley Community Center (at Apollo Park) in Downey, California (Los Angeles) on the 2nd Tues of every month at 6:00pm. Visitors and new members are always welcome to attend. Click here for directions
Big Bear Fishing Adventures
Big Bear Fishing Adventures has been in business since 2008. Mike Tuttle has been a guide for over 19 years runs the only Fly Fishing Company in Big Bear. In addition to guiding on Big Bear Lake, they guide on Bear Creek, Deep Creek, Santa Ana River, and the Eastern Sierra. They specialize in fly fishing and offer fly fishing lessons. Half day to 4 day overnight fishing trips are available on local lake, rivers and streams. Click here to view full details
- To promote, improve and enjoy all phases of fly fishing.
- To maintain a high standard of true sportsmanship and promote social relations among its' members.
- We, individually, endeavor to take at least one youth (beginner/no age restriction) fly fishing annually; instruct them, to the best of our ability, in the art and responsibilities that are soon to be wholly theirs.
- To fraternize and cooperate with organizations whose aims and purposes preserve our waters and to promote the sport.
- To provide instruction and information in fly casting, flytying, rod building and entomology. These classes and/or clinics will be open to the public with no fee